John - 12/28/2007, 1:21 AM - Curse news
Ben Roethlisberger made a bold late season push to get past Donovan McNabb and win the Chunky Soup Curse Senior League title for 2007.
Roethlisberger reportedly will not play Sunday, following a right ankle sprain discovered after the Steelers' victory over the St. Louis Rams, the AA farm team affiliate of the Green Bay Packers.
Team doctors examined Roethlisberger's ankle and concluded the sprain was due to muscle and ligament deterioration often associated with endorsing Campbell's Chunky Soup, the most terrifying food that doesn't move on its own (or does it?).
Said Dr. R. Elbert Kung, "Ben's ankle is in the middle stages of CSES, Chunky Soup Endorsers Syndrome. By this time next week, Ben will barely be able to walk."
Team officials have already contacted a minister to give Roethlisberger last rites.
Backup quarterback Charlie Batch seemed delighted. "I didn't endorse a soup that came with an evil curse. Sorry about his luck, but I got a team to lead into the playoffs, man."
SINGLE ARTICLE: http://www.chuckysoupcurse.com/?nav=articles&category=single&id=66
- Dancing with the Soup: the Victor Cruz Story
- New NFL picks website (shameless self-promotion)
- Is the entire NFL being taken down by the Curse?
- Richard Sherman risks life and limb for cursed endorsement deal
- Has the Curse resurfaced with Victor Cruz?
- Crazy British people rename Big Ben
- Curse denies any involvement in Roethlisberger incidents
- Will Colts face the Curse of the Crappy Fans?
- Vilma, the last soup in the bowl
- Has the soup destroyed Tomlinson's brain